A financial gift is one of the best ways to help people in need. Through a financial donation, Christian Disaster Response International can help disaster victims across the nation and around the world. As a service and for your convenience, you may make an electronic contribution via credit card from your desktop.
To make a monetary donation, please follow these simple steps:
- Your donation will be applied to the URGENT APPEAL.
- Have your credit card information available. Some credit cards have a three digit security code on the back of the card.
- If you do not have a PAYPAL account, click on the appropriate box when asked.
- Click on the “Make a Donation” button below.
- Follow the very simple instructions and your gift will be on its way to us for dispersal.
NEW GIFTS OF THE HEART KITS
Christian Disaster Response has made arrangements with “Outfit to Go” to supply us with special serviceable clothing for adults and children. Consisting of: shirt, pants, underwear and socks, packaged by size and sex. Please make a donation today for one or more “Outfit to Go” packs. Contributions may be made by Pay Pal on this web site or you may use a major credit card by calling 863-967-HELP (4357)
Essential items are urgently needed to help disaster survivors reclaim their homes and rebuild their lives. Christian Disaster Response member denominations and local interfaith groups are working together to meet both the immediate and long-term needs of the people and communities hardest hit by disaster. Join us in helping our neighbors in need. For someone who has lost everything, your "Gift of the Heart" is a tangible sign that neighbors near and far truly care.
Please choose a recovery kit below, and prepare it with love.
- Hand towel
- Toothbrush/Toothpaste (4-7 oz)
- Nail file
- New bath-size bar soap
- Band-Aids (6)
- After-shave lotion
- Facial tissues
- Gospel or New Testament
Place in large ziplock bag
KITCHEN UTENSILS KIT
- Metal tea kettle
- Metal cooking pots—1&3 qt. w/lids
- Metal 12" skillet w/lid
- Can Opener—hand held
- Dish washing detergent, 16 oz. plastic bottle
- Paper napkins—large package
- Salt & pepper shakers—non-breakable
- Dish towels, pot holders, sponges (2 each)
- Large serving spoons (3)
- Durable plastic plates, bowls, and cups (4 each)
- Stainless steel eating utensils (4 sets)
FAMILY MEDICINE CABINET KITS
Appropriate for family needs and easily assembled by an individual or family
- Adult pain reliever (e.g. Acetaminophen, Aspirin, Ibuprofen)
- Children's pain reliever (Chewable Tylenol)
- Adult multiple vitamins (One-A Day)
- Children's multiple vitamins (Flintstones)
- Antacid (Tums, Rolaids, Maalox)
- Hydrogen peroxide in plastic bottle
- Antibiotic or first-aid cream (Neosporin, Triple Antibiotic Ointment)
- Assorted Band-Aids (1 box)
FOOD STAPLES KIT
- Box iodized salt
- Cooking oil 32 oz. plastic bottle
- Canned or corned beef 12 oz.
- Canned tuna or chicken 12 oz.
- Granulated sugar 1 lb. box
- Powdered milk 4 lb. box
- Pepper 8 oz. can
- Instant coffee 8 oz.
- Tea bags box of 25
- Dry beans 4 lb. bag
- White rice 5 lb. bag
- A 5 gallon size bucket (with lid) filled with:
- Wire brush
- Plastic trash bags
- Scrub brush
- Rubber gloves
- Lysol-type disinfectant 32 oz.
- Plastic bottle
- 2 new or good, clean used flat sheets and pillow cases
- 2 new pillows
After packing your "Gift of the Heart" recovery kit in a sturdy box and taping it securely (one per box for the larger kits), we invite you to enclose a personal note: "A Christian Disaster Response 'Gift of the Heart,' sent with love and prayers, from [your name, church, or organization]." On the side of the box, please indicate the kind of kit enclosed.
DONATE YOUR TIME
Christian Disaster Response needs volunteers who would like to receive training in Disaster Ministries. After Training, volunteers must be available for 2 to 3 weeks of disaster service in the USA to maintain certification. International volunteers must be available for 6 to 8 weeks overseas in order to maintain certification.